This job is 100% remote, but the candidate should be located within the USA or Canada.
Phaidra is building the future of industrial automation.
The world today is filled with static, monolithic infrastructure. Factories, power plants, buildings, etc. operate the same they've operated for decades — because the controls programming is hard-coded. Thousands of lines of rules and heuristics that define how the machines interact with each other. The result of all this hard-coding is that facilities are frozen in time, unable to adapt to their environment while their performance slowly degrades.
Phaidra creates AI-powered control systems for the industrial sector, enabling industrial facilities to automatically learn and improve over time. Specifically:
- The intelligence is provided by reinforcement learning algorithms, which convert raw sensor data into high-value actions and decisions.
- We focus on industrial applications, which tend to be well-sensorized with measurable KPIs — perfect for reinforcement learning.
- We enable domain experts (our users) to configure the AI control systems (i.e. agents) without writing code. They define what they want their AI agents to do, and we do it for them.
Our team has a track record of applying AI to some of the toughest problems. From achieving superhuman performance with DeepMind's AlphaGo, to reducing the energy required to cool Google's Data Centers by 40%, we deeply understand AI and how to apply it in production for massive impact.
As a Solutions Architect, you'll play a critical role in operationalizing and scaling Phaidra's paper and pulp solutions for industrial enterprise customers.
You will work closely with the Technical Account Manager (TAM) as the technical experts for Phaidra's pulp and paper customers. Your role is to use Phaidra's platform and tools to put AI into production.
This role can be broken down into three concrete areas of responsibility:
- Combining your knowledge of the customers' needs with a deep understanding of industrial control systems to guide effective AI solutions. This will require working closely with our AI research team because they are creating the algorithms that turn sensor data into actionable insights.
- Working closely with Phaidra's customers to help them get the most out of our technologies. This includes crisply defining the AI problem (objective function, actions, constraints), understanding the technology's capabilities and limitations, identifying opportunities for value creation, etc. and rapidly deploying solutions to production using Phaidra's platform and tools.
- Identifying and defining product requirements based upon the application domain and the customers' needs. Working closely with other Solutions Architects and the Product team to ensure our automated tools enable Phaidra to scale across thousands of customers. Building models of digester systems to enable AI autonomous control.
- Deep understanding of continuous digester control and automation systems.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and the various communications protocols used in industrial automation.
- Familiarity with Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs) for controls applications.
- Passion for mission-critical system safety.
- Understanding of various pulp and paper plant designs, Kraft pulping process, digester functions, sequence of operations, chemical reactions, and control strategies utilized in the paper manufacturing environment.
- Strong proficiency in working with industrial operations teams and contributing to solving field operations related problems and challenges.
- Knowledge of model predictive controllers is a plus.
- Passion for problem solving and using scalable solutions to solve repeat problems.
- Ability to translate a combination of customer-stated and customer-implied needs into coherent needs documentation for use by the software development team.
- Good educational background in one or more related disciplines pertinent to your area of expertise. Example disciplines include Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Control Theory, Applied Mathematics and other various engineering and applied science fields.
- Ability to read and write Python scripts (in collaboration with the software engineering team) to implement Phaidra's AI development tool for customer use cases.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to explain complex domain specific concepts to non-domain experts and also explain complex AI and ML specific concepts to non-AI/ML specific customers.
- Shares our company values: curiosity, transparency & directness, outcome-based performance, and customer empathy.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience using scrum and agile methodologies.
- Experience with rapidly prototyping new technologies and converting into commercially viable products.
- Experience building, owning, and operating your own codebases/services.
- Experience architecting services within cloud platforms.
- Experience applying AI and ML in controls applications.
- Experience with statistics, analytics, etc.
- Experience with domain relevant optimization problems and solutions.
- Familiarity with markup languages like Xml, Json, or Yaml.
Benefits & Perks
- Fast-paced and team-oriented environment where you will be instrumental in the direction of the company.
- Phaidra is a fully-remote company - work anywhere, anytime.
- Competitive compensation & early equity.
- Outsized responsibilities & professional development.
- Training is foundational; functional, customer immersion, and development training.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance (offerings based on region). We cover 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- MacBook and home office setup stipend.
Base Salary Range
USA residents: $81,400 - $110,600 USD
Canada residents: $83,700 - $117,200 CAD
This role will also include equity.
On being Remote
We are thoughtful about remote collaboration. We look to the pioneers - like Gitlab - for inspiration and best practices to create a stellar remote work environment. We have a documentation first culture and actively practice asynchronous communication in everything we do. We are deliberate about documenting and living our values - of which accessibility, transparency, and agility are key. Our team stays connected through tools like Slack and Video Chat. We meet daily and have dedicated all-hands meetings to build strong relationships. We hold virtual team building events - and even hold virtual socials to watch rocket launches! We will have in-person All-Hands meetings once a year as travel opens back up.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Phaidra is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Phaidra is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status. We welcome diversity and strive to maintain an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance with completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.